Thursday, November 17, 2011

12 days, 3 weeks, 4 months

Lately, I haven't been my active self. Truthfully, my eating habits have been a little iffy too. There are plenty of reasons why, but I won't make excuses. I'll just say, I'm learning not to measure my health and fitness in the span of days, weeks, or months. I don't run to the gym for a few weeks and then deem myself fit. I don't eat well for a month or two and then I'm suddenly healthy. Instead, eating healthy and working out is what I chose to do all the time for the rest of my life. This is a lifestyle change, folks.  Some periods of time I'll be on my "A" game, sometimes I won't. But, that never, ever means I have fallen off. I will never return to that slothenly way of life that caused me to weigh 388 lbs. I will not let a few days, weeks, or months be indicative of the way I ultimately chose to live my life.

I have publicly announced my bid to be "Fit by Forty" which for me, means I want to be in the best shape of my life when I turn 40 this summer. No doubt, I will work towards this goal, but please note that once I meet that goal there will be another goal. Goals are terrific to have because they can be motivators, but again once I meet each goal I'll just strive for something more. A healthy, fit lifestyle is just that a lifestyle, it does not have a timeline attached to it. My love for myself, and for a healthier, fitter life, is not fleeting. I want this forever, not 12 days, 3 weeks, or 4 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News