Friday, November 11, 2011

Touching Lives, Making Connections

Just three short months ago I stood in front of 12 men at a Men's Breakfast as the featured speaker. I had no idea what I was doing. How I would be received. I only knew that I was raw with passion, enthusiasm, and had a story of trials and triumphs to share. Yesterday, I spoke to my fourth group of about 30 men and women who eagerly listened to me share my story. After each speaking event, the picture becomes clearer. My story is applicable to all. My story is one of hard work, staying the course, making adjustments, and never giving up. I'm REAL proof that you can do anything you set your mind to. I love connecting and mingling with folks after I speak usually I am rewarded with some words of encouragement as well. 

" You're rising out of the darkness and into the sunlight. You glow." Gary S.



Here's how I opened:  "I will not do this in silence. I will not be quiet about it. I will talk about it every chance I get. I will write about it every chance I get. Sometimes when I'm by myself I even sing about. Everyone willing to listen will hear about it. Today I will tell you all about it. This my friends is my story of battling obesity."

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News