Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I highly recommend...

From my kitchen
...Oven Roasted Mini Sweet Peppers. Oh my goodness. I made some for dinner last night and all I can say is umm, umm, umm. Insanely delicious. Roasting intensifies the sweetness. The olive oil and salt well...just try it for yourself.

Here's the super simple recipe:

Oven Roasted Mini Sweet Peppers

Ingredients
1 bag sweet mini bell peppers, washed and left in tact
Extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees

Directions
  1. Wash and dry peppers
  2. Spread them on a rimmed baking sheet or in two cast iron skillets (preferred)
  3. Drizzle with olive oil until nicely coated
  4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste 
  5. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes turn over after 10 minutes (Peppers are done when some of them have golden brown edges and they are soft).
  6. Serve hot or cold
These will keep up to 2 weeks in the fridge if they last that long.


Snack attack tip: Mini sweet peppers are also great for snacking raw by themselves or with hummus (
Bringing Cooking Back owners there's a delicious recipe in your cookbook).
 
From my kitchen to yours - healthy, happy eating!

2 comments:

  1. I'm off to the grocery store today. I always get a bag of mini peppers for chopping up, but I'll get an extra bag today to roast. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Debbie -- Funny that I saw you at the grocery store today. ;) Nice chatting with you. Do let me know how the peppers turn out. I'll email you the info about the FRESH viewing in April.

      Delete

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News