Thursday, March 15, 2012

Training for life


The other day I was completing a fitness evaluation that asked if I was training for an event. My answer, "Life." I understand the question was meant to determine if the person completing the evaluation was training for a marathon, triathlon, or another special event. But, the way I see it-- life is a special event.

I workout because I want to be stronger, fitter, and live a better quality of life while I'm around.  I want to walk, run, bend, stretch effortlessly. A long time from now, when I have grandchildren I want to be able to run, play with them and pick them up. As I age, I don't want to have help out with my groceries. I want to carry my own bags out. I prepare 99 percent of my meals at home using fresh food because I want to honor and fuel my precious body. I realize, "We are what we eat."

I've got my mind made up. This is no fad. I've made a conscious effort to change my life for good.  I'm training for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News