Thursday, October 6, 2011

Joy of food: Stuffed Bell Peppers

I love the fall for many reasons -- good comfort food is among them. Sure, I eat mostly healthy, but sometimes I just crave a warm, comfort meal. I figure, as long as I'm preparing the food in my kitchen I can control the ingredients and make sure everything is fresh.  So to me that's better than eating out at a restaurant or food from a box.

Last night, I made stuffed bell peppers. Beautiful red, yellow, orange, and green peppers rich colors reminiscent of fall, stuffed with extra-lean ground beef seasoned with basil and thyme, rice, fresh tomatoes, sweet onions, garlic, and a hint of Worcestershire sauce. Lightly topped with bread crumbs and drizzled with butter. Yup, I did it, and I have no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News