Friday, October 21, 2011

What I Preach


Yesterday's blog post was about my need to prioritize. My battle with obesity and creating, living a healthy life comes with all sorts of twists and turns. So I was thinking about the message I delivered last week. I urged my audience to make adjustments, stay the course, and believe in self. I've been in this situation before when life seems overwhelming and I've always made the necessary adjustments. Folks, I can proudly say I practice what I preach.

Here's the ending snippet of my speech:

I’m asked this question, all the time…What keeps you motivated?

My answer, I want to win. I treat my battle with obesity and challenges in life like a tennis match. For years, my serve was weak and I often left the court on the losing end. But, no longer. Ladies and gentlemen, call me Victor. Because victory is mine.

As I conclude remember:

Hard work, making adjustments, staying the course, and believing in yourself are all key ingredients to being successful.

Like Winston Churchill said: Never, never, never, never, never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News