Monday, October 3, 2011

Just enough

Now-a-days food portions are out of control. We simply overconsume. A kid's meal, for instance, from a restaurant is actually an adult size serving. We have super-sized ourselves to the point of an obesity epidemic. Heavy sigh. Don't get me wrong, I still like to enjoy certain things that are not-catergorized as healthy, but I'm always mindful of the portion.

One of my indulgences is Haagen-Dazs coffee ice cream. So creamy and so good. Now, that I'm calorie and health conscious, I was thrilled to see Haagen-Dazs has created a tiny 3.6 ounce carton. What an adorable little package. Every once and a while when I feel like having a little ice cream I reach for one of the itty bitty cartons. I enjoy my ice cream guilt free and I'm always fully satisfied afterwards. 3.6 ounces is just enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News