Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Worthy: Fish oil supplements



The brand I've been using
After reading about the positive benefits of omega-3 fatty acids and realizing that I just don't eat enough fish to reap the benefits. I decided to start taking fish oil supplements. Of course, there are articles and information out there that also discount the benefits of actually taking the supplements, but...What I've noticed so far is: my hair's growing and my complexion is flawless.

Here's a look at some of the long term benefits:
  • Lowers blood triglyceride levels
  • Reduces the risk of heart attack
  • Reduces the risk of dangerous abnormal heart rhythms
  • Reduces the risk of strokes
  • Slows the buildup of atherosclerotic plaques
  • Lowers blood pressure
  • Reduces stiffness and joint tenderness associated with Rheumatoid arthritis
An omega 3 fish oil supplement may also help improve or prevent the following:
  • Cancer
  • Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
  • Depression
  • Heart disease
  • ADHD
  • Diabetes
  • Hyperactivity
  • Arthritis
When possible I want nutrients to come straight from the source -- food, but in this case chock full of omega-3 fatty acids I feel fish oil supplements are a worthy choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News