Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"Food Rules: An Eater's Manual"

Love, love, love this little treasure. I devoured the entire book in about an hour. I swear, this guy took all my thoughts and summed them up perfectly. Ha, ha. Seriously, this little book totally makes the complicated subject of what we should eat -- so simple.

A few of my favorite rules from the book:

Rule 1: "Eat Food..."
Rule 20: "It's not food if it arrived through the car window."
Rule 60: "Treat treats as treats." I know, I've said this before.
Rule 63: "Cook." Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah

I've been sharing some of my favorites with my cooking classes between preparation. Makes for great food conversation and a little bit of laughter too. Thanks, Mr. Pollan for your simple yet very effective take on food.

I say EVERYONE should own a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News