Thursday, October 13, 2011

"To Save Our Lives"

Yesterday, Exercise Technique class was all about the pull-up. For some reason, I was so pumped up during the class session. Maybe because I like to see folks get gritty and limits being pushed. Pulling your own body weight certainly fits the bill.

After watching demonstration after demonstration of all the variations of the pull-up and there were many. I asked my instructor why we do pull-ups. She simply answered, "To Save Our Lives." That's HUGE. Think about it...If you were drowning and a rescue crew threw you a rope...In your current physical condition, could you pull your body up? Hmm...most folks probably couldn't. I know, I couldn't. Gotta go, it's pull-up time.

Check out my classmates in ACTION:


Go, Amiah -- the only female in the class to take on the BIG bar, Kipping Pull-up




My boy, Will hitting the One Arm Pull-Up
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News