Friday, October 28, 2011

"Not Afraid"

When I look at photos of myself as a morbidly obese woman. I don't really even remember being that person. I don't really know how I became that way. Well, I do. I ate gross, fattening food and no exercise.  What I mean to say, I have no idea how I let it get so out of control. At my heaviest, I weighed a whopping 388 lbs. What I'm sure of,  "I had to go to that place to get to this one." 

America is in trouble. Obesity is an epidemic. There are many contributing factors: crappy inexpensive so-called food, lack of knowledge, lack of exercise. But, I've taken a stand. Today I'm healthier, happier, fitter, and sharing my story in hopes it will help others. I will tell my story to anyone who will listen and those who are not ready to hear it well...

I'm not afraid to publicly share my story. If I can touch and change lives than maybe, just, maybe that's why I went to that place.

From Eminem:

I'm not afraid (I'm not afraid)        
To take a stand (to take a stand)
Everybody (everybody)
Come take my hand (come take my hand)
We'll walk this road together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm
Just lettin you know that, you're not alone
Holla if you feel like you've been down the same road (same road)

Yeah, it's been a ride
I guess I had to, go to that place, to get to this one
Now some of you, might still be in that place
If you're trying to get out, just follow me
I'll get you there

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News