Monday, December 12, 2011

Back to basics

For the past several weeks, I've been busy, busy, busy. Fitness trainer classes, writing and self-publishing a cookbook, teaching cooking classes, motivational speaking, and planning future events. It's no wonder something had to give, that something was me. I made it to the gym all of three times and my eating habits were a little questionable too. I'm happy to say, I was able to maintain my weight and did not gain. It's good to know that I can withstand life events and maintain my weight. But with my goal to lose 70 more pounds I can't rest my laurels here. I still have work to do, plenty of work to do.

One of the things that has changed about me throughout this journey is knowing when I need help and not being afraid to ask for it. I have the desire, motivation, but I need folks to help guide me through. Battling obesity is a tough battle, a battle not to be fought alone. Since I'm a little out of sync yesterday I called my coach to help dial me back in. Him and I came up with my game plan and now it's time I execute. I need not worry about the past several weeks. I need only to refocus my efforts and go back to the basics.

I've said this before I'm no contestant on an edited reality TV show. I'm not farmed away at some camp where I have chefs preparing my meals and personal trainers working me out around the clock. Nor do I have the luxury of not dealing with everyday life in the process. I'm right in the thick of life. Trying to create a healthier, fitter life all while maintaining life. There are bumps and I have to learn how to maneuver them. 170 pounds lighter and I still find myself having to come up with new ways to maneuver the bumps. Truthfully, the more weight I lose, the fitter I become the bigger the bumps.

What I know for sure: I can and will overcome any obstacles. I get to ask for help. I get to have periods of time when I don't workout. I get to not eat healthy all the time. No matter, I will never, never, never give up. It's time I go back to the basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News