Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Where You Are

I talk to lots of folks through the blog, Facebook, and every day interactions. Recently, I was chatting with a friend who told me of his desire to get in better shape. He has big plans to exercise and eat healthier -- beginning in the New Year. Me being, who I am asked, "Why wait until then?" After all, no one is promised tomorrow. Harsh, maybe, but it's true.

I hear these types of comments from folks all the time. I use to talk the same way, so I can relate. Change is hard. Change is scary. It requires us to move outside of our comfort zones. What I've learned from my Wellness Coaching class is that type of talk is what professionals call the "Contemplation" stage. The individual recognizes there is an issue and is talking about making changes, but has yet to commit to the changes.

As a Wellness Coach, I would not be able to speak my opinion so freely. Instead, I'd be there to guide the client to finding answers. But, I'm not a wellness coach so here's what I say to you...If you are contemplating a change. Start where you are and start today. You're not promised tomorrow. Life is short. Live it to the fullest now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News