Monday, December 5, 2011

A gift from God

My debut cooking class @ Chuck's
A few months ago I spoke to a group of spry seniors at a Men's Breakfast. After my speech, a 99-year old man approached me with teary eyes and said, "Your message is a gift from God." I never thought of sharing my story as such. I mean, it's just my story. I never imagined that by sharing my story, I would motivate, inspire, and encourage others.

When I started this blog, back in July 2010 I simply began writing as a way to document my journey. I never imagined that penning my lifetime battle with obesity wasn't about me. What I've learned, however, is it's really only a little bit about me and more about helping others. That's why I was given the voice, the passion. I went through all of my life experiences good and bad-- so that I could share my gift. Plenty of people have lost weight so I'm not extra-ordinary in that way. But, I recognize now that what separates me from others is my ability to tell the story, share the story. Blogging, cooking classes, cookbook writing, motivational speaking those are my gifts. I plan to share, share, share. That's what it's all about, listening to your inner voice, finding your passion, and sharing it. The rest will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News