Thursday, December 1, 2011

Labor of love

It's an exciting day for me. This afternoon, I will pick-up my very first cookbook from the print shop. I created, designed, and am self-publishing the book. It's truly a labor of love.

As I reflect on the year, and the last couple of years. It's amazing to look at my progress. I decided in the fall of 2009 I did not like the person I had become and since have been on a mission to change myself into the person I want to be. It's been a challenging yet rewarding journey. I'm so glad I put my tennis shoes on that cold, dark day and went outside for a walk. That walk, lead to more walks, and eventually to the realization that I could change. And, I was worth the fight. In the midst of changing myself, I've shared my story with you, which has turned into a reciprocal relationship. You say, I motivate you, and you give me strength on days when I can't find it internally.

I've been on a mission to share my knowledge and passion with you in a variety of ways: blogging, motivational speaking, cooking classes, and now in the form of a cookbook. I feel so very fortunate to have the opportunity to share my gifts with you. I'm proof that "You can do anything you set your mind to," and "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

 My hope is to continue fine tuning myself and inspiring you a long the way.

Hello, December!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News