Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Be encouraged

Many of you have written to me to tell me I've motivated, inspired, and encouraged you along my journey - thank you. After all, you are a big reason why I blog. Recently, I had the pleasure of meeting with a young woman who found my blog after reading the article that was written in "The Columbian" back in July.  How totally cool. Anyhow, she was interested in buying a copy of my cookbook. She's local, so I met with her at New Seasons Market.  I signed her book, we chatted about my weight loss and I offered her some tips and suggestions. Next thing, I know, my passion for good wholesome food and sharing my knowledge led us to the produce section. I explained to her why it's important to buy local, organic and offered her some recipe suggestions. Before I knew it we were traveling the entire store -- I was giving her a Personal Grocery Shopping 101 class (hmm...this could be an upcoming class).

We talked about exercise and lots of other health, fitness related stuff. I felt honored to be able to pass on what I've learned and to know that people look to me for ideas and motivation is just amazing. I use to be a slothenly 388 pounds. I use to eat highly caloric processed food and my exercise consisted of going back and forth to the kitchen. Today, I promote a healthy fit lifestyle and folks look to me for inspiration. Ha ha. That's awesome.

As we walked around the store and I introduced some of my recipe ideas. She pointed out that she doesn't like oatmeal, Brussels sprouts, and a few other things I suggested she try. I gave her permission to not like these items. There are plenty of other foods that fit the bill that she may like. Our shopping experience/conversation prompted this blog post...Look to me for your inspiration, motivation, but remember the path you travel is unique. Let me be your guide, but your journey is your journey. You may be able to use some of my recipes, exercise routines, tips, however, some of my methods may not work for you and that's okay. Adapt what you can from me and others, but your journey will be different. Be encouraged by me, but remember your journey is uniquely yours. Good luck! Do continue to look to me, I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News