Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fabulous February

2012 has started off with a bang. My greatest honor to date, Bringing Cooking Back my convenient little cookbook was assigned a dewey decimal number and is now available at the Fort Vancouver Regional Library and is also for sale on the shelves of New Seasons Market - Fisher's Landing.

The trend continues into February: 
  • I'm looking forward to spreading my love for good wholesome food with the community by hosting healthy cooking classes at Chuck's Produce & Street Market.
  • A cookbook signing and tasting at New Seasons Market.
  • I'll share my ideas and suggestions on healthy snacking options at Firstenburg Community Center.
  • A new addition...I'll be teaching a Weight Loss and Healthy Lifestyle 101 class at Cascade Athletic Club in Fisher's Landing.
  • My largest venue to date -- I'll speak at Cascade Park Library. This will be more than my weight loss story. I'll spend time discussing our current food industry and there will be informational handouts and a healthy snack will be provided. I love the public library system!
See the home page for details on all these events. 

I'm super-excited about what awaits me this February. I feel so lucky to have all these wonderful opportunities. I can truly say, "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."






No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News