Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Something NEW!

I've been in a workout slump for weeks. Honestly, it's probably been a few months now.
I like working out it makes me feel good. Eating healthy and working out combined helps my waist line -- bonus! But, truthfully I've become tired of the same ol' same. I need a fresh workout routine, new workout music, and even a new workout facility. Y'all know by now I don't sit on the sidelines long complaining  -- that's a waste of time and energy. Y'all also know I'm not afraid to step outside of my comfort zone and seek what I need.

So,this afternoon I went to an awesome studio -- Northwest Personal Training. I took a kick-butt Bike/Row class led by an enthusiastic certified personal trainer, Ted, alongside five other folks rowing and riding to the beat of Bob Marley's "Jammin." During class I admit I became winded a couple of times and took a breather, but otherwise I rode and rowed right with the others. When Ted instructed us to crank our bikes to another gear, I cranked. When he told us to find another rowing level, I did. 

Today, I tried something new and I liked it. I believe this class and the new workout environment is the very spark I needed to get myself back moving in the right direction. It's time I take my fitness and weight loss to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News