Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Real example

I've been there, done that -- am doing that. That's why most of you can relate to me.  I'm not a Biggest Loser contestant on TV being worked by a staff of personal trainers and fed by personal chefs. I'm not an airbrushed Weight Watchers celebrity spokesperson. I'm not a health professional who has all the book smarts, but none of the real gritty insight of battling obesity and life at the same time. I'm your real example.

I'm the gal at the gym working out along side you. I speak to you and with you at community events. I host fun, informational, cooking classes locally. If you see me at the grocery store I'll chat with you. If you shoot me an email I'll respond. I'm here, there, everywhere. I'm accessible. I'm your real example.

Real example: I met Judy at my cookbook
signing at New Seasons Market last week. She reads my blog in print in The Columbian. After reading my blog posts for a few weeks she came to my cookbook signing all jazzed up to meet me. We had a nice conversation at the cookbook signing. About a week later, I ran into Judy while I was out picking up a few grocery items. I stopped and chatted with her. She was so excited to see me again and was impressed that I remembered her -- though I did admit at the time I couldn't recall her name.  Judy told me that she loves reading my blog:  Admires how honest, open I am.  She really feels connected with me and can relate to me. She said, I am a real example, a real inspiration.

I am honored, grateful, and lucky to be your real example.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News