Monday, September 26, 2011

Bananas

It took me while, but I've finally come to the realization that I only sorta like bananas. I only like to eat them when they just turn ripe. Right after the green is gone. I struggled with rather or not I liked bananas for umpteen years because they do have a certain appeal. They wear a cute little yellow jacket and they are portable, versatile snacks that are high in potassium and other vitamins.

The other day, I was all ready to grab a banana for a post-workout snack and wouldn't you know it the 'nanas had brown spots on them. Yuck. I did try and eat one, but it was just too sugary and ugghhh...
What to do? I had about five over ripe bananas. Surely, I couldn't just toss them. Oh yeah, I could make some banana bread --old habits die hard. I had all the ingredients. So I took out a stick of butter and two eggs. Once the butter and sugar were at room temperature I was set to get baking. But, as I reached for the mixing bowl I started thinking how ridiclous I was being. I guess, it's safe to say, I temporarily went bananas. I mean, I almost baked a loaf of banana bread (which would contain approximately 3000 calories for the loaf). Instead of just tossing the bananas which cost no more than one buck. Really. I put everything back in the fridge and tossed the bananas. I'm on a mission to be Fit by 40. Banana bread be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News