Monday, September 5, 2011

Healthy Cooking 101 is back!

Don't you wanna come?
Funny how things just work themselves out. The universe has opened the doors for me in so many ways lately. Thank you. Thank you. Those who have been following me for a while, remember my healthy cooking classes last summer? Well, I really hadn't considered teaching the classes anymore. I figured my life had taken a different course. Recently, one of my class participant/friend even asked me about hosting another class. I politely told her no.

Then, the other day, I was talking with a lady about furthering my career in public speaking. She was offering me tips and pointers, suggesting that I join Toastmasters International. She went on to tell me about a Laughing Yoga class she teaches at my favorite grocery store, Chuck's Produce & Street Market. I thought hmm...maybe I could speak there. Long story, short I contacted the marketing department at Chuck's and instead of  speaking I've been given the opportunity to host Healthy Cooking 101 classes at my favorite store in their beautiful, spacious kitchen. Yes, Healthy Cooking 101 is back!

My first two classes in September will feature lettuce wraps. I will talk about the versatility and ease of preparing them and YOU get to sample all the goodness. There is NO charge for the classes. Yeah, that's right NO charge. Just make sure you sign up at the front desk.
Asian Lettuce Wraps from my class last summer

Monday, September 12th from 6 - 7 pm
Asian Inspired Lettuce Wraps

Friday, September 16th from 6 - 7 pm Mediterranean Inspired Lettuce Wraps


The classes are free and open to the community. Please help me make my debut at Chuck's one to remember!  Click here to see the schedule and details Chuck's Produce & Street Market.

Chuck's Produce and Street Market
13215 SE Mill Plain Blvd.
Vancouver, WA 98684

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News