Friday, September 23, 2011

A Better Me, A Better You

Steve told me long ago, that one day I would be a personal trainer too and I just looked at him, like-- whatever. Low and behold he was onto something. Starting Monday, I will begin taking courses in the Fitness Trainer program at Clark College

In the midst of finding myself and losing 170 lbs. I feel it would be a injustice to myself and others to go back to a normal job. I need to work in a profession where I share my passion. It's just a natural progression -- the next step. My new found love for health and fitness is not just a trend. I want to live a healthy, fit lifestyle forever. So, becoming a trainer will increase my knowledge and help me further understand my body and it's nutritional needs. In turn, the more knowledgable I am, the better resource I can be for others. This is going to be fantastic learning opportunity for me. I'm going to be super, duper busy though so my blogging time will probably be decreased to a few times a week. Of course, I will keep y'all updated on FB as much as possible.  I'll continue to pursue other endeavors: motivational speaking, cooking classes, and writing the book. So fasten your seat belts folks this is about to be one heck of a ride!

My classes for Fall '11: 
  1. Exercise Techniques
  2. Wellness Coaching - super excited about this one!
  3. Structural Kinesiology
  4. Food and your Health
  5. Fitness Wellness


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News