Monday, August 22, 2011

Fit by Forty

The official bid for my quest to be "Fit by Forty" begins! I have exactly one year until my 40th birthday. In order to make my weight goal of 160 lbs. I need to lose an additional 60 lbs. Although I have set the weight goal I realize that it may be the most difficult goal of all to achieve. I know how tricky the human body is so instead of getting all wrapped up in numbers, I will concentrate on things I can control:
  • Continue to dial in on the MOST important factor, diet
  • Improve my physical endurance by pushing myself a little further in workouts
  • Perform more challenging exercises
  • Speak kind, positive, affirming words to myself
  • Proper rest and recovery - balance
  • Laugh and have fun - this is going to be one heck of a ride
On my 40th birthday I plan on being in the best physical, mental, emotional shape of my life. Not Serena William's life or my friend, Katina's life, but MY life. I've haven't been under 200 lbs. for as long as I can remember so I'm not really even sure what I will look like or feel like - so excited to find out. Of course, I will keep you updated with photos, FB updates, and blog posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News