Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Like minds

I believe I've mentioned this before, I ♥ working out! As a fat person with a slothenly attitude I avoided physical activity like the plague. And, the gym would have of course been out of the question. Now, that I'm on a mission to live a healthy, active lifestyle I love going to the gym. The gym is my playhouse. I get my exercise on, chat with folks, and share ideas. The gym is the place where I feel like I'm a part of the team --the team that I was not a part of in my youth.

At the gym, we all are working towards the same ultimate goal - to be fit and healthy. As I'm getting my work out on, I like glaring around the gym and watching everyone else's workout routine. The buffed guy back in the corner hitting the hang cleans. The toned female taking the length of the gym doing lunges with weights in her hands. The not so sure lady on the treadmill going at a snail's pace. No matter, we are all there trying. I love it. Love it. Love it.

Those who know me, know I'm not shy. So it's pretty easy for me to conjure up conversation and boy do I. I've made so many acquaintances and friends at my gym. I've gotten some useful tips and info from inside the walls of 24 Hour-Fitness. For me it's been important to surround myself with folks that are like minded. Sure, not everyone at the gym is exactly on the same level or page as me, but for the most part, most are and I need positive, encouraging folks to keep me focused. It's too hard otherwise. Again, I say, I ♥ working out and hanging with folks that have like minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News