Well, my hard-headed, stubborn nature caused me to tweak my almost rehabbed leg/knee. For the last few days my leg has been really bothering me and my foot very swollen. Yesterday, I went to visit my Orthopedic doctor to tell him of my concerns. Here's what I found out:
- I should NOT perform deadlifts, jumping jacks, jogging, or any motion that will jar my leg. Duh, I just underwent MAJOR leg/knee surgery. Steve is just saying "I told you so."
- Cycling is the best option for me it will keep my knees lubed and is the safest, best overall bang for my buck. Again, Steve is just saying "I told you so."
- As an alternative swimming would be another great form of exercise.
- Deadlifts are only good for football players. None of us common folk need to strengthen those particular muscle groups. Besides, he said most folks do them wrong.
- Dynamic workouts are okay for athletes, but most people overuse them and cause more damage than good.
- Squats are overrated. No real reason to perform them.