Monday, May 23, 2011

Am I *Thin Yet?

Now
This is taking way too long. I feel antsy. It's like one of those long, road trips I use to take as a child and had no real sense of time. I'd be in the backseat of the car, asking "Are we there yet? When will we be there?" I mean, really when will I get there? When will I look in the mirror and see the strong, fit body I desire? I know, I know. It may be that I never get there and I should learn to appreciate myself for what I am  currently - believe me - I expect everyone else to. It's just that when you work as hard as I do at this it becomes overwhelming. I mean, day in, day out I'm battling obesity and let me tell you it's one stubborn opponent.  
388 lbs.

I take photos all the time just because I like to document my weight loss. Anyhow,  this weekend I took a photo (See "Now" photo) and wow! It confirmed what I've been feeling - my midsection needs some serious work. Then, this morning I  weighed myself to find numbers that indicate I weigh as much as a newborn elephant. Geez, I want out of this body and I want out now. I'm growing more and more impatient. And the closer I get to my goal the harder it becomes. Enough ranting time to tighten my seat belt.

*Thin - I only used the word in the title because it flowed better. What I desire is to be stronger, fitter, and weigh less than, well a newborn elephant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News