Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Do What You Can

Wow. I was on an emotional roller coaster yesterday. I guess, I'm human after all.   Today is a NEW day and my mind is FOCUSED. I realize that recovery and rehab will take as long as it takes and there will be pain, discomfort, and mixed emotions along the way. Like I told a Facebook friend who recently broke a bone in her foot, “A shining spirit will aid your healing I promise you."


I can only control so much and my spirit is high up on the list. Like my friend, Stephen tells me, "Do what you can." During this trying time, I have to remember to concentrate on what I can do and not what I can’t do. 
  • I can walk with crutches
  • I can perform a number of upper body exercises
  • I can ride the recumbent and stationary bike
  • I can row on the row machine
  • I can do Zumba in a chair
  • I can do Water Aerobics
  • I can dial in on my nutrition
  • I can blog
  • I can smile and let my spirit shine
My broken leg has healed.  Now it’s time to up the ante and rehab, rehab, rehab. I can. I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News