Sunday, May 22, 2011

Just breathe

One of the things I use to treat myself to before the accident -Yoga classes twice a week. I learned quickly the beauty of Yoga. It's about mind, body, spirit - balance. In our everyday lives we are so busy running around...When do we ever sit still with ourselves and just breathe? Stretch? Focus? For me hardly never. That's why after my first few Yoga classes, I decided to make Yoga a MUST.

Yoga showed me how important breathing is. Really, deep breathing -- opening up your lungs. Breathing is fundamental, precious. Think about it. Ahh...and stretching. Stretching is not only good for the body, but the mind. Finding yourself in the positions is about discipline. Probably more about discipline. I remember, the first time I ever found Downward Facing Dog, truly found it. It was beautiful! Oh and when I found Warrior - oh wow!

This morning, I was feeling a little off balance. So I decided before I set off to start the hustle and bustle of the day, I would take sometime to practice some of the Yoga techniques I learned in class. I sat still, breathing, stretching, focusing.  I even made an attempt to do a Sun Salutation (A little challenging with the leg injury) - a very simple, yet effective pose.

Yoga brings me to a peaceful state. Where I feel calm and at ease. It forces me to take time to sit still with myself and just breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News