Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Magnificent May

May is going to be a fantastic food and overall fitness month for me. Why? Because I said so. It’s the whole self-fulfilling prophecy theory. When I was crippled by obesity at nearly 400 lbs. I would never buy into the theory. I was way too negative. Now, though I live by it. Another reason I declare May as magnificent is, as I grow and evolve I try and adapt new practices. I tweak things. Sure, I already eat well and have a kick-butt exercise regimen, but there’s always room for improvement.  So with the progression of my recovery, moving into a new place, and well just feeling like changing up the game a little I declare May as magnificent.

On the food front: I went grocery shopping yesterday so my cupboards and fridge are stocked with the good stuff. I bought lean meats (Grass fed, of course), chicken, fish, Tofu. The usual suspects were purchased produce wise. Chuck’s Produce where I buy my produce has a fantastic selection of local and organic produce at reasonable prices. Once I got home I prepped a few veggie dishes - Prep Now, Save Time Later. I figure with the veggies ready I can just give them a quick zap for a snack or as a part of a meal. My cupboards are stocked with a plethora of spices and canned goods: Beans, broths, etc. I very seldom buy ANY packaged items.  With all my goodies I plan to try out a few new recipes and reacquaint myself with a few recipes I haven’t made in a while.

Fitness wise: My assistant coach who normally helps with my nutrition is going to also step in and start helping me with a exercise routine, which he promises will transform me. More details forthcoming once we figure out our master plan.

Did I mention the month of May is going to be magnificent?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News